Advanced Liposuction in Turkey
During Liposuction, a doctor removes fat from your body using suction small, thin tubes that are inserted through tiny cuts in the skin. Fat is then suctioned out through these tubes, while the doctor moves the tubes around under the skin to address the entire area. Here are some facts about liposuction in Turkey.
In recent years, new and improved techniques have made liposuction safer and less painful. Some of these newer techniques are:
- Tumescent liposuction
- A local anesthetic is used to numb the area of your body where the tube will be inserted. Next, a large amount of an anesthetic solution is injected into the fatty tissue before traditional liposuction is performed. This way, the patient might not require general anesthesia.
- This technique uses ultrasound to liquefy the fat, which makes it easier to remove. This technique is particularly helpful when removing fat from the upper abdomen, sides, and back.
In Turkey, for improved results and safety, liposuction is usually performed as an inpatient procedure at a fully equipped and certified hospital. The patient is, in some cases, advised to stay overnight at one the luxurious and comfortable single patient rooms.
What Can Liposuction Do
After the procedure, the area of the body that was treated is tightly wrapped to reduce swelling, bruising and pain. Elastic bandages and tape, a special girdle, or other materials may be used, depending on which part of the body was treated. Patient might be recommended to wear a compression garment for 3 to 4 weeks.
Most doctors in Turkey prescribe antibiotics following the procedure to eliminate any chance of infection, even though the procedure is always carried out in a highly sterile operating room.
You can return to your normal activities after several days to a few weeks. Most people can return to work within a few days. Recovery takes longer if large areas were treated.
How Well Does Liposuction Work
Some improvement in body shape is usually visible immediately after surgery and further improvement continues for several weeks or even months as the swelling reduces. The full effects liposuction may be visible several months to a year after surgery.
After fat has been removed, the skin around the area may be somewhat loose. It may take up to 6 months for the skin to tighten around the treated area. Some people's skin is very elastic and tightens more quickly than other’s.
Risks of Liposuction
Liposuction performed by an experienced doctor in a properly equipped facility is usually safe. Risks increase with the size of the area that is being treated.
Common side effects of liposuction include:
- Temporary swelling, bruising, soreness, and numbness in and around the treated areas.
- Irritation and minor scarring around the incision sites where the tubes were inserted.
- Loose skin. The skin will usually tighten and retract after a few months.
Tags: aesthetic procedures